World Press Institute Fellowship for Journalists to spend 3 weeks in USA
Are you looking for a few weeks fellowship outside the country?
This is WPI fellowship calling for applications. WPI (World Press Institute) fellowship is a private, nonprofit organization supported by a wide range of foundations, local and national media, multinational U.S. corporations, and individuals from all over the world. The applications are open now!
Where: United States
Duration: three weeks
Number of selected fellows: ten
Fellowship coverage: all program costs, including transportation to the U.S. and back, all transportation within the U.S. related to the WPI program, and all lodging costs. Plus, a modest daily per diem for food is provided
- The selected participants will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, and then travel to several U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits. Then they will return to Minnesota for the final week of the program.
- Fellows will involve into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States.
- You need to have minimum of five years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- You are currently worked as a non U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- You have high English ability as well as potential for leadership.
What do you need to submit?
- Applicant information
- Employment history and education
- Two essays are required as part of the online application.
- Color photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation
To apply: online at worldpressinstitute.org/application/instructions
Closing date: February 16, 2018