Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES)
The Ministry of Education of Republic of China is giving scholarships to international students to undertake Huayu courses in China. This course is aiming at increasing students’ understanding on the Taiwanese culture and society, as well as promoting mutual understanding interactions between Taiwan and the international community. Please find out about the program here:
Where: Taiwan, Republic of China
Nationality: International Candidates
More about the courses: Huayu Enrichment courses will include a summer term (June and July or July and August), along with short term classes, which may last 3, 6 or 9 months to a year respectively.
Award of the scholarship: A Monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD.
- Be an international student above the age of 18 years old.
- Student who possess a high school diplomas or above.
- Demonstrate excellent academic performance
- Student who are currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan is not eligible for the scholarship
- Haven’t received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship in the past.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit the required documents (Application Material) to local embassies or missions before the announced deadline. The annual application period is from February 1st through March 31st.
- An Application Form
- A Photocopy of Passport or any documents to the confirmation of citizens of specific nation
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- .A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center
- Other documents required by local embassies or missions
Deadline: March 31st every year