ISHR 2017 training for human rights defenders: now open for applicants!
Duration: 29 May and 9 June 2017
This training is seeking the human rights defenders who are willing to increase your interaction with the UN system.
You are provided
- a chance to directly engage in lobbying and advocacy activities at the UN level to effect change on the ground back home
- to build networks in Geneva and around the world, carry out lobbying of UN member States and UN staff, and learn from peers from a range of regions working on a range of human rights issues.
What are you going to join?
1) A short online learning component, prior to face-to-face training
2) Intensive training in Geneva during June
3) Specific advocacy at Human Rights Council sessions and other relevant meetings, with regular feedback and peer education to learn from the experiences, including expert input from leading human rights advocates.
Along with application form, you need to include:
- A recent CV/resume (max 2 pages);
- 2 letters of recommendation, including one from their organisation (to be emailed uploaded at the bottom of this form).
Application will be closed by 4 January 2017
Click here to got to official website