Communications intern with UNESCO-UNEVOC
Duration of the internship: 3 to 6 months
During the internship, you have the following responsibilities:
- You need to strengthen social media engagement by using your effort to improve the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s existing online communication tools, including the website, news articles, newsletters, social media etc.;
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication channels between UNEVOC Centres based in Latin America and the Caribbean and the International Centre, in particular in Spanish speaking countries;
- Contribute to enhancing the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s knowledge base and management of information on TVET related activities in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Work together with staff to identify opportunities to develop UNESCO-UNEVOC’s services in Spanish;
- Assist with any other activities related to UNESCO-UNEVOC’s online services.
- Any other tasks assigned by UNESCO-UNEVOC.
If you want to be qualified, you need to:
- Currently enrolled in postgraduate studies (e.g. Masters) in a relevant discipline e.g. education, sociology, public management, international relations, political science, social sciences etc.
- Experience in writing news articles and communication
- Have interest or experience in the field of education.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of standard software office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet browsers;
- be able to work under the time pressure independently
- Very good communication and organization skills;
- Good analytical skills and willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work and cooperate in an international and multicultural environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish is compulsory.
You need to submit a motivation letter along with their CV to a.liakh(at)unesco.org
Deadline: 31 December 2016
Starting date: 01 February 2017