The Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peace building and Development
The program is intended to enhance the civilian capacity of Japan and other countries in the field of peacebuilding and development; and was designed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA).
There are ten non-Japanese applications available to join the Primary course of the program. Applications are now open
Nationality: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Egypt, Iraq, Mali, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, and Tunisia
Where: Tokyo and Hiroshima City, Japan
Participation fee: free (Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center will cover travel fees, traveler’s insurance, accommodation fees, and living expenses
How long: 5 weeks – January 11th~February 16th (February 17th ~ 21th for those who wish to take part in optional training)
What will the course about?
- Conflict analysis, planning and managing peacebuilding projects, and coordination of peacebuilding activities
- You have university degree or equivalent.
- You have at least two-year experience in relevant fields.
- Your English test score equivalent to TOEFL iBT 90, TOEIC 900, or IELTS 6.5.
- You are in good health and will attend the entire duration of the course.
- You have to be between 25 to 40 years old.
What do you need to submit?
- The application form
- An essay in English about the applicant’s career plan in the field of peacebuilding and/or development
- A letter of recommendation in English from a work supervisor
- The recommendation letter may be submitted to HPC either by the applicant or directly by the referee via e-mail or post.
- Certificate of English proficiency
- The covenant (Available on the HPC website)
To submit: email to email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 by 9:00 am Japan Time