The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
The program was initiated since October 2000, and was donated from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in the amount of US$210m which is the largest donation to an UK university. The main purpose of this program is to build global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Nationality: Other than those from the United Kingdom
Where: University of Cambridge
Scholarship award: full cost of studying at Cambridge plus additional, discretionary funding.
- Scholarships will be offered to outstanding students to study any subject available at the university.
- Applicants will be selected according to the following points:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate program
What do you need to submit?
- Application for graduate admission
- A 3,000 character (500 word) statement about their fit with the Gates Cambridge program
- A (non-academic) reference about their fit with Gates Cambridge
- An up to date CV/resume
To apply: online www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk
Closing date: depending on the course you are applying for