PhD Scholarship at Giessen University, German 2018 (Fully Funded)
International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC) of the Giessen University is giving 3 years PhD program in Culture. Students will get to experience excellent research environment and an impressive doctoral programme. Please find out more information here:
Where: Giessen University, German
Nationality: International Candidates
Number of scholarship: up to 11
Degree program: 3-years PhD program in Culture
Value of the scholarship: Will be on Tuition fee, including a monthly stipend of approximately €1,468 (plus family allowances when applicable). Scholarships are offered for one year with the possibility of two extensions, each of one year.
- Participate in Study program and wide-ranging events offered by the GCSC
- Involve in at least one Research Area and one other GCSC/GGK research group
- Participate in the GCSC’s curriculum
- International applicants with excellence academic performance
- Graduated with first or upper second class honours M.A. degree (or the equivalent).
- Have finished Master program in one of the GCSC’s academic subjects* or the arts/humanities, cultural studies or social sciences
- Must have finished Master program no longer than 2 years
Application procedure: Applicants have to apply in online platform. Applicants can either write their application in English or German.
- Please register for online application here: https://gcsc.campuscore.eu/ (This platform will be accessible on the 1st of December). Fill in the application and upload the following documents:
- 1 to 2 pages of motivation letter.
- A short abstract of your research project (approx. 500 words), including the title of your project and a brief outline of the methodology you will use.
- A CV
- Two letters of recommendation provided by University professors
- After finishing the first stage, you will be informed whether you can go on with the second stage. If so, you will be requested to submit further documents via the application platform – until March 8.
- Copies of your diplomas
- A dissertation-project proposal. Your proposal should not exceed 10 pages (excluding bibliography).
- A detailed schedule describing the specific stages of your work over a period of three years
- A digital copy of your Master Thesis
Deadline: February 1st, 2018
Official website: For detail information, please refer to this link: