The applications now open for Youth Eco Labs’s Program (3 months)
Youth Eco Labs’s Program, an intensive three-month program supporting youth to develop high-impact businesses that aim to solve some of Cambodia’s most pressing environmental challenges; supported by US Embassy Phnom Penh.
The applications now open.
What does the Labs include?
Masterclasses: A series of 10 masterclasses will be held once a week, starting in the first week of February.
These workshops will cover:
- Understanding the broad context of environmental issues in Cambodia and the environmental, social and economic impact.
- Understanding your user using human-centered design thinking to understanding how the problem affects individual users and communities.
- Designing the innovative solution, thinking creatively to ideate innovative solutions.
- Rapid prototyping to build lean models to test the solution with potential users and critical thinking to analyze results.
- Delivering the solution, analyzing opportunities, understanding and designing business models through which to deliver the solution.
- Strategic planning to identify long-term goals and short-term objectives to reach these goals.
- Communication and storytelling to communicate effectively through social media and offline.
- Mindful leadership skills in fair, balanced and thoughtful leadership.
- Building high-performance teams.
- Effective decision making, critical analysis and negotiation.
Field Trip: Participants will be awarded an exposure field trip to experience environmental challenges, further research their idea and test their innovation with potential users.
Mentoring and Coaching Circles: In addition, each team will be matched with a personal mentor who will provide 1-on-1 personal advice and support throughout the program. Youth Eco Labs Coaching Circles will also be held, where participants come together to share challenges and provide one another with solutions and advice.
How to apply?
Simply complete this short application form to explain your idea and your motivation for applying to the Labs before the deadline of Sunday, 21st January 2018. Written applications can be completed in English or Khmer. The application form is available here.
For support of completing applications, contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to Impact Hub Phnom Penh to speak to one of the teams in person.
Please read more information on official website