Nagao Natural Environment Foundation Fully Funded Research Fellowship in Japan
This program is seeking for young individual researcher in ASIA- Pacific region to involve in this program. Young researchers will get to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work. The research will deepen more on the knowledge of natural conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
Award and duration of research project: Project will provide researcher 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two years.
Eligible countries: Asia-Pacific region countries which are Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
Eligible for this project:
- Applicants must be a citizens of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (Cambodia is included)
- Applicants must be a researcher or scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization.
- Have experience in conducting research and proposal before.
- Be a proficiency in English language
- At the time of this project, applicants must not enroll in any other research program
Requirement on project proposal:
- Proposal have to be a scientific research, contributing to nature conservation of the countries that applicants come from
- Be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies
- Proposal should involve fieldwork and data collecting
- This proposal must be one’s work only.
- This project will last long for maximum 2 years to achieve
- This research must be funded by the NEF Research Grant Program, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
How to apply for this program: To apply for this program, you have to complete application form and attach with a recommendation letter. For application form and guideline, please visit this link:
Where to submit: All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (email@example.com) in MS Word or PDF or by fax (+81-3-6659-2272).
Deadline: There are deadline twice for this year: 17 April 2017 and 16 October 2017