International Essay Contest for Young People (Learn from Nature)
This is a chance that is open annually to those who are interested essay contest. Moreover, the essay contest is to put effort on the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. The objective of this contest is to inspire society to know from young people minds and how they could make a different for the world.
Noticeably, this essay contest is an activity of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
Theme: Learning from Nature
- What can we learn from nature, and how can we make use of that learning for the future? Please describe your ideas, including your own observations and experiences.
Award from the program: stated in the official website
- You need to meet age limitation: up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2017)
- There are two categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- The essay has to be in the maximum of 700 words
- The essay must be in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese.
- In the cover page of your essay, you need to include:
- category (Children or Youth)
- your essay title
- your name
- phone number + e-mail
- nationality + age as of June 15, 2017
- school name (if applicable)
- word count
- Please be sure that your essay needs to be original and written by only one person.
To apply: by post or online
To submit online: http://www.goipeace-essaycontest.org/
Closing date: June 15, 2017 (23:59 your local time)