Call for applications: The first ASEAN Student Mobility Forum in Philippines 2017
Date and place: 14 – 15 JUNE 2017, Manila, the Philippines
The First ASEAN Student Mobility Forum will be organized in Manila, The Philippines, on 14-15 June 2017. The Forum will bring together ASEAN students and graduates who are recipients of SHARE scholarship in ASEAN institutions or other related initiatives such as the ASEAN International Mobility for Students (AIMS) by SEAMEO RlHED and student mobility programmes by the AUN. Participants include those who participated in academic mobility programmes within and outside ASEAN region.
1. The Forum will provide opportunity for ASEAN students to share experiences, insights, and challenges in student mobility, thus highlighting and addressing successes and barriers of people-to-people mobility and connectivity.
2. The Forum will document, perpetuate and promote the gains of student mobility, thus encouraging greater support of governments, partners and other stakeholders in pushing for deeper socio-cultural integration in ASEAN through people-to-people mobility.
3. The focus of the Forum will be on intra-regional student mobility in ASEAN, as opposed to inter-regional and international student mobility. Erasmus+ will serve as case-study/ inspiration. The forum will assess and attempt to map and quantify intra-ASEAN student mobility flows and scholarship frameworks.
4. The Forum will provide feedback to ASEAN through SHARE to further improve efficient and effective implementation of the ASEAN scholarship scheme, particularly on the aspects of quality, affordability, practicality and sustainability. It will further explore the creation of an ASEAN/ SHARE student alumni network.
5. The Forum will support ASEAN university students in their efforts to build a regional structure of university student council union, in order to have a representative student voice that can be part of shaping the ASEAN Higher Education Area with the ASEAN Scholarship at its core.