ASEAN–U.S. Science Prize for Women 2017
We would like to share information on this opportunity for women working in biotech, microelectronics & infotech, or material science & technology. The ASEAN – U.S. Science Prize for Women is a program by USAID and U.S. Mission to ASEAN.
Rapid urbanization is a trend facing many metropolises across the world, but is particularly affecting the ASEAN region, with nearly half of its population living in urban centers. Southeast Asia is home to some of the most populated urban centers in the world, with 57 million people spread amongst the region’s largest 7 cities.
The 2017 ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women is looking to reward young women working in applied sciences who are mitigating the effects of rapid urbanization to make these cities safe and sustainable for all.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN, in partnership with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL), are offering cash awards to scientists working in rapid urbanization with a lens on:
- Health, such as disease spread and mutation, counterfeit medication, or health care access
- Transportation and infrastructure improvement
- Workforce development and retention with a focus on workplace safety (health, machinery safety, pollution in formal sector)
- Female citizen and resident of an ASEAN member state.
- PhD or equivalent degree
- 40 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
- Expertise in rapid urbanization
- Background in biotechnology, microelectronics and information technology, and material science and technology
Up to ten finalists will be chosen by August 2017. One winner will receive $20,000 and the honorable mention will receive $5,000. Both the winner and runner up will have the opportunity to attend an award ceremony at an ASEAN ministerial meeting held in Myanmar in October 2017.
For further clarification, please consult the official rules.
Apply before June 23, 2017!
For queries and more info, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org